- This event has passed.
March 21 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
We share our budding works with one another once a month on the third Tuesday evening at the Library. You can bring a former work or create new ones. You may email them to Hannah Born, the Adult Services Librarian, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some preliminary guidelines:
- Any genre is allowed. Currently this group has mainly memoir and historical fiction, so that is something to be mindful of.
- Submit work two weeks before our meeting (which is the 3rd Tuesday each month unless otherwise stated). I email out a bulk email to everyone once I receive all the works. No more than one chapter per week unless they fall under 15 pages. If work is submitted at the last minute, it is at the end of the queue for feedback and may not get the best review.
- Everyone gets a chance to comment on each other’s work and have their work commented. The best structure to give comments is: positive feedback first, more critical in the middle, and positive feedback at the end. It leaves everyone with a better sense of accomplishment and a welcome environment. We try to keep comments under 10 minutes. Otherwise we can’t get to everyone. The moderator will cut off anyone who exceeds this time. Outside notes are appreciated by authors, if they cannot all be shared in the meeting.
- We also do not share any information about anyone’s work outside of the group without permission.
We look forward to meeting you!
7:00PM – 8:30PM EST
First Floor Round Table
Sign-up here or email our Adult Services Librarian, Hannah Born, at email@example.com
- March 21
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- fiction, New Authors, non-fiction writing, writers group
- Lambertville Free Public Library
- View Organizer Website
- Lambertville Library
6 Lilly Street
Lambertville, NJ 08530 United States + Google Map